About the Firm
The work of Morrison Associates reflects the highly individual and distinctive style of its founder Ian Morrison. Ian Morrison studied architecture in England and Venezuela before returning to Barbados to join Robertson Ward Architects and lend his creative talent / prowess to the design of the Sandy Lane Hotel in 1960. From this early start in Barbados, he went on to establish Morrison Associates in 1979. Morrison Associates has become a multi-disciplinary firm known for its creative design and innovative use of natural and industrial materials and effectively, the development of the most luxurious and exclusive properties across the Caribbean. The extensive talent of Morrison Associates can be seen in Barbados, St Lucia, Antigua, Grenada, Venezuela, Turks and Caicos and St Thomas
- The Colony Club
- Crystal Cove,
- Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels,
- Glitter Bay Estate
- Fairmont Royal Pavilion
Condominiums/ Villas / Luxury Estates:
- St.Peterís Bay Villas (Barbados)
- Mount Du Cap Estate (St. Lucia)
- Port Ferdinand Marina (Barbados)
- Greensleeves in Barbados (20,000 sq ft.)
- Bachelor Hall in Barbados (18,000 sq ft.)
- Engleberg in Caracas (8,000 sq ft.)
- Johnson in St Lucia (5,000 sq ft.)
The team of Morrison Associates works in an environment which enables communication as well the flow of ideas in a unique collaborative to offer large-firm resources in a personalized, small firm. The firm is able to respond promptly to client needs because of its compliment of a dedicated team of architects and streamline internal organization.
Morrison Associates provides a full scope of architectural design services from early program development and design to construction documentation and construction administration.
Mr. Ian Morrison will retire this year, 2012. The firm will continue in the capable hands of Mr. Rudy Moore, who became an associate of the firm in 1994.The firm will be re-named Architects Morrison Associates Ltd. Mr. Ian Morrison will be retained as a consultant.
Upon completion of his training in New York, Rudy Moore collaborated with Mr. Morrison on numerous projects including:
- Royal West Moreland Estate, Barbados. This included the Golf Clubhouse, Spa & Gym, Club Villas and Site Master Planning
- Port St Charles Marina, Barbados. 152 townhouses and apartments.
Mr. Rudy Moore has designed and completed numerous properties, including:
- Lion Castle Polo Estate, Barbados. This included Master Planning, The Club House, Town Houses and Lot 1 Lion Castle.
- Almond Casuarina Beach Resort, Barbados
- Morgan Bay Beach Resort, St. Lucia
- Sapphire Beach Condominiums, Barbados
- The Renovation of the Mango Bay Resort, Barbados
- Port Ferdinand Marina, Barbados
Design Innovation is their passion. For more than 30 years Ian Morrison and Rudy Moore have exacted timeless designs that transcends culture and trends. Morrison Associates has demonstrated that they are pioneers in sustainable design.